Monday, January 3, 2011

Day One of Interning

Hello, I am Paige Borda and I am a freshman at Endicott College in Beverly, Massachusetts. Today was my first day of interning here at Perfect Productions. I have been anticipating this day for quite some time now. Especially only being three days into the new year I really cannot think of any better way to begin then to start off with an exciting new learning opportunity. Walking into the building today I did not know what to really expect but the warm welcoming from Amanda quickly put my nerves at ease. She presented me with my internship binder. The internship binder may look like it is a lot of reading but the information inside is nothing short of being useful and interesting.
Since everyone was coming back from the holiday there was a lot of catching up going on between Amanda, Elissa, and James. Just hearing them share their stories showed me that they are more than just co-workers but friends.
After our short little meeting on introducing me to Perfect Productions and what I can expect over the next few weeks, I got straight to work. I am only here for three weeks so I have little time to cram in A LOT of information. I am super excited though because I will be planning my own mock wedding! One of the first steps for me to do is to interview Elissa as a soon-to-be bride and ask here all different questions about her wedding. So, today I have came up with what I think are some pretty important topics to touch upon and first thing tomorrow will be the mock interview. After I completed my questions I filled out my weekly goal sheet and glanced through the internship binder. To end my first day I stapled on postcards to the Southern New England Wedding magazine. Perfect Production has 2 full pages in the magazine!! The spread looks amazing so as to help with promotion I stapled on the cards pointing out the article and details about what Perfect Productions has to offer clients.
So, all in all my day went by quite fast. Tomorrow is a new day and I cannot wait to see what is next for me to do in the process of planning my mock wedding. My next assignments look to be the toolbox training and an inspiration board. I cannot wait to see what I have in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment