Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Let the Wedding Planning Begin!!

Day two of my internship and I am already realizing the amount of work and effort it takes to plan an event. I am officially starting off with planning my mock wedding. I met with Elissa today who is my mock "bride-to-be" on what her thoughts are about her wedding. Even though I felt as though I asked a bunch of questions there was still things that I completely looked over. I started looking in some of the many wedding books and magazines in the office right after the meeting to start my planning process. After reading some articles and looking at the checklist of things that need to be done I quickly came to terms with the fact that there is more to a wedding then just a venue, guests, floors, dresses, cake, and food. Even though it is a big task to do in such a short amount of time I am super excited to learn all the details that go into planning a wedding. Ever since my meeting ended with my mock bride, Elissa, ideas and thoughts just keep popping into my head.
In the beginning of the day I completed my tool box assignment. I had to imagine if I was on a deserted island and had only a toolbox to fill of things I would need for events that would take place on the island. I filled it will emergency use items like first aid kit, flashlight, medicine, and an inhaler. I also included a walkie talkie and cell phone to insure ways of communication. Some of the most important items were a planner and a watch. A party planner has to be organized, on time, and prepared for whatever comes her way. Having a planner and watch can help with making sure that things are not only organized but are running on time and according to schedule. Some of the last things I picked were makeup, bobby pins, a comb, safety pins, and a sewing kit because you never know what might go wrong or has to be fixed last minute in an outfit. The activity was fun and creative. It really had me think about what things that might not big so big in a production but can come in handy.
One of the last things I had to do today was to stuff envelopes with "Save the Date" cards for an upcoming wedding. I also finished the case study for the week so I can really focus on my mock wedding plans for the rest of the week. As I close with my second day my mind is going crazy with thoughts on my project and I cannot wait to start working on my inspiration board tomorrow. So let the wedding planning begin!

1 comment:

  1. Paige,

    It sounds like you have a great project that will give a lot of insight on the Event Production world. Just a note for future reference, "Party Planner" is not the appropriate term for our profession, we prefer Event Coordinator. I do however enjoy reading about the learning experience that you are getting with Perfect Productions. Their internship program sounds like it will be very beneficial for you. Good Luck! And I am looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete