Thursday, January 6, 2011

Busy, Busy

Well today was one busy day! I came into the office ready to work all day on my introduction board. All morning I spent my cutting out the perfect pictures, matching colors, and trying to make sure all of the ideas blended well together. I hope that Elissa likes it. Trying to put it all together is a lot harder than I thought it would be. It seems like every two minutes I come up with new ideas for the board but I have to just pick one layout and glue it down. I was unable to actually finish the board because we all left the office early today to meet with a bride, her family, and the caterer. Before we went to see the caterer though I experienced my first cake tasting with Elissa, James, and Amanda. All I could say about that is, YUM, YUM, YUM! All the cakes were delicious and unique in their own special ways. I never tasted wedding cake before and its defiantly beats any box cake.
After testing the cake we all packed up and headed to the reception hall for the client's wedding. Sitting in on the meeting gave me the chance to see, hear, and learn about planning the food aspects of the reception. There are so many different things to go over. Questions about the size of the chairs, numbers of waitstaff, menu options, and reception times were asked in the meeting. My head was spinning with all the information coming in all at once, but at the end of the meeting I was able to understand more of the wedding and grasp how the planning process of it works. It was a long busy day and tomorrow I have so much to do before the weekend begins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment