Sunday, January 30, 2011

After what seemed like forever, I returned in the office for the 2nd day. Unlike on Monday's, when I work on Friday it's a full day. My day started off a little rocky with some car issues and by the time I arrived at work I was hoping things would turn around. Luckily for me, they did.

Elissa gave me the task of working on the website for Perfect Productions' newest department, The Perfect Benefit. This department, as one can guess, is going to be dedicated to benefits. I started making the different pages for information on the bachelor and bachelorette auction along with the the kickball tournament. I've never created a website before but I was very excited to use my creative skills to create a website I felt reflected what Perfect Productions is about. After it is done, visitors will be able to get information about the different charity events. They can download the various forms for the events as well as learn more information about the programs. One thing I hope to do is create a page dedicated to the bachelors and bachelorettes so people can scout out who will be auctioned off before the actual event.

Around lunch time, I went with Elissa and Amanda to my first vendor meeting. We went to Powerstation Events in Cheshire to pick out a DJ for a wedding. While we were waiting, we were looking through some pictures from other weddings. While going through them, Elissa and Amanda would make a comment here and there about details most people would overlook. I was extremely impressed and did my best to remember what they were pointing out because I feel it's the little details that make things perfect and have the events stand out from the rest. It was interesting to see all the different things that go into picking a DJ. Most would think it would be quite simple but there are really things you need to think about when picking one. The budget, time length, music type, and DJ personality are all things needed to be taken into consideration.

On Monday, the other intern will start working. I'm excited to meet her and start plannging things for the auction, and especially looking forward to having someone to bounce ideas off of and to provide a different perspective. Check back soon for a new update on how things are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment