Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Today was the last, first day of classes for me. To put even more pressure on such a bitter sweet realization, my professor felt the need to inform the class that there were only 117 days until the seniors would be part of the 'real world.' Immediately, a plague of fear and anxiety swept across the class. Students murmured from one to another about how they had no clue what they wanted to do or if they even had the means to accomplish their goals. I'll admit I was a little jolted by my quickly approaching graduation but I was also excited for what was in store within the next 117 days.

I have been fortunate enough to be chosen as one of the newest interns with Perfect Productions. Located in Farmington, CT, Perfect Productions is an event planning company that I'm am extremely excited to be a part of and learn from.

Now, to introduce myself, my name is Jackie and I'm currently a senior, Public Relations major at at Quinnipiac University. My journey to the event planning industry has been just that, a journey. When I originally enrolled at QU, I was a PR major and was very curious to look into the event planning industry. I've always been someone who loves to plan get togethers among friends and loved the idea of working with people and making their special days perfect. After my first semester, I decided to leave the PR world to become a teacher (I have always enjoyed working with children). Well, after being a math major, psychology major, and getting accepted to QU's Master's program for teaching, I found myself feeling like leaving the PR world was a mistake and switched back to a PR major (amazingly with my parents support!) Well long story short, I continued in the PR program and was thrilled when I received an email that Perfect Productions was looking for a spring intern.

When I finished my interview, I could not stop gushing to friends and family about how badly I wanted this internship. The company is made up of extremely talented people and their events show just that. This semester I've been given the assignment of working on the 2nd annual Bachelor and Bachelorette auction. It is for the Petit Family Foundation and I am so honored to be given the privileged to give back to the foundation and contribute to their great cause. Over the next few weeks I will continue posting blogs about my experience at Perfect Productions, so please check back for updates!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Team Jackie! We are happy to have you and are excited to hear more about the 2nd Annual Bachelor and Bachelorette Auction!

    ReplyDelete