Monday, January 4, 2010

About me

My name is Margie Driscoll and I am a sophomore at Endicott College. Throughout our four years at Endicott we are required to complete two 120 hour internships and one semester long internships. For my second 120 hour internship I am working with Perfect Productions in Farmington Connecticut. It is the first day and I have already learned a lot about how important time management and attention to detail will be as I continue to learn the information needed to become a successful event planner. Today I have been given tasks to do such as a DISC personality training analysis, sorting wine pamphlets for future clients, also I will be working with the other intern to complete tasks given to us throughout the office such as cutting envelopes and calling different magazines to receive their newest additions. I am really looking forward to the next three weeks here at Perfect Productions and I am excited to learn more about the event industry.

3 comments:

  1. Margie, What is the DISC Personality Analysis? What did you learn about yourself from it? What about others that you work with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DISC Personality Analysis was actually a really cool way for us to not only learn about ourselves but also to see who else in the office was the same. It was a test where you could choose whether you are more like or less like two of each of the different emotions or feelings in every category. Once you filled in them all each different emotion had a heart, a circle, a square or a triangle each representing a different letter(DISC) you then calculated the totals and which ever letter you had most of, was how your personality was and which ever you had less of is how your personality is less like. I was and I and found out that you (Elissa) and Brian were also in the I category. When i read the description it was crazy how accurate it was to my personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margie, If you had to work with a "D", how would be a good way to interactive with that co worker?

    ReplyDelete