Friday, January 8, 2010

Easy and inexpensive scrap booking tips!

This week Margie and I got started on a project to make a scrapbook of former events Perfect Productions has done, almost as a portfolio. Scrap booking is easy and most of the things around your house can create a great scrapbook page, or little things can be used to make the page more special.

When creating a scrapbook for a baby, the best way to make it personal and special is to have the baby's hand prints or foot prints. When looking back in years seeing the hand or footprints will be an inexpensive special touch.

Most households have at least one Hawaiian lei that is not being used. Either left over from a birthday party, or Halloween it is underused and taking up space. To cut down on the clutter, you can cut it up and make it a border for a scrapbook page of a vacation, that birthday party, or the Halloween it is left over from even. This gives the page a little extra depth, color, and creativity while cutting down on clutter not used in your house with no cost to you.

One of the best scrap booking tricks I can give you is to save as much as you can from vacations, birthdays, holidays, and family parties. These can be used as great decor on a scrapbook page! If you keep each event for a page in a folder then nothing gets lost, and you will be able to go back and quickly make a page! I went to Florida on vacation with my family, and I saved EVERYTHING. When I came home to make my scrap book it took very little time and was a fun way to remember the vacation. My pages were full of pictures, Disney and Sea World Tickets, and even score cards from my putt putt games. When looking back on it I'll remember those days at the parks and when I finally beat my brother in mini golf! They are special to me, and tell a story of how my vacation was. The only purchases I had to even make were letter stickers and glue!

Scrap booking is easy and can be very affordable. Some scrap books you see will be full of stickers and other accessories that add up in expenses. Maybe pick a couple pages to have special stickers from the store, or 3d accessories, like a big milestone in your life. The best part about a scrapbook is to tell a story of your experience, and to be able to look back and remember. If you take your own things, you will save money and it will be more homemade and genuinely special to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment