Thursday, January 14, 2010

Today it was just Amanda and I in the office and we went over some of the things I have done for the bachelor and bachelorette auction. I learned some very important and extremely necessary tips for writing a business letter and when making fliers for different events. My task was to write a letter to the Petit Family Foundation asking them for approval for us to hold the event and have donations given to their foundation, before I was able to send the letter in Amanda, Elissa and Brian were sent the letter so that they could check it and make sure it met the standards of the company. This was such an excellent project because I had to keep in mind what the company stands for and how I would be representing Perfect Productions in this letter. Today Amanda went over the letter with me and talked to me about how when writing a business letter its important to have a letter header, and how the set up of a professional business letter should look, with the companies address at the top and the company that the letter concerns below it. Once Amanda taught me the correct way and seeing how much more professional it looked compared to the rough draft i did i was surprised how one small change would be so important.
The next thing I did today was create a flier for fund raising event. This was another task that I learned from. I created a flier previously this week but knew it wouldn't suffice. When Amanda showed me different examples of fliers they had used in the past I could see a huge difference from the one I initially made. I spent a lot of time trying different formats out to see which would look best for this particular event. Once I found a template that I liked I worked on adding all of the information and logistics that coincide with the event. For example the time of the event, the date, the location and of course what the event is and what it is benefiting.

Both of these different things really helped me see how by changing one simple task it can make a huge difference to the way people view your company. Taking a little extra time to make a letter or a flier or anything else you may send out is something I have learned to be extremely important.

No comments:

Post a Comment