Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What I have been working on.

As I have been interning here at Perfect Productions I have learned how important communication is to a company and how working together with everyone involved in the company is the only way things will get done on time and correctly.
So far this week I have contacted different travel destinations and updated our supply of brochures from each of those different places. This was a great learning experience for myself and it taught me to have confidence talking with people over the phone. I was also asked to contact a vendor about a product Perfect Productions is going to use in a future event for a centerpiece. Doing this task taught me that I would have to call more than just one vendor to get prices and availability of different products. It also taught me how it doesn’t take only one phone call to a company to answer all of the questions that you need to be answered, and being persistent is important in this industry. I learned that communicating with Elissa and Amanda about this particular product is also very important because they both know exactly what they want and what they need, this is another aspect of how important communication is. The next task I was given was to sort pictures, newspaper articles, tickets, invitations and other items that were important to particular events and get them put into organized piles in relevance to each event. Once Elissa looks over all of the piles I will then be working on scrapbooking everything so that Perfect Productions has their own copy and so that interested clients come to the company for assistance in planning an event they have something to look at as an example of what previous events were planned by Perfect Productions.
Today I was asked to make photo copies of different purchase orders, hole punch them and put the original back in the binder and give the copy to Amanda who then filled them away. I then had to separate bank statements and but them into individual piles according to the account number. While I was making the photo copies of the purchase orders I learned that we were doing it to help organize what had been bought and the amounts of money that had been spent. This helps keep everything balanced.
I have been learning so much already about organization, working with others and how to complete tasks when assigned. I am having so much fun working in the office with people who care so much about their job and how the business is run. Although, it is a serious job and things must get done and they must get done right, everyone is very nice and knows how to have fun and make you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment