Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tool Box assignment



As an intern I was given an assignment to complete that would force me to think outside the box. I was given the toolbox project to help me understand what is important for event planners to bring with them to any event. These items were to be thought of as if i were on a deserted island and all that was with me was what I brought in my toolbox. A few things I would bring are.

The first thing I would bring is a planner I choose this because in order to stay on task and know what needs to be done when, you must have you event scheduled with exact times written down and when different things need to be done. The next thing that would be important would be a writing utensil such as a pen or pencil this is important because you will need to write down things as they come up or as they change from what you had previously planned. The event will not always flow smoothly and change is possible to occur no matter how organized you may be. I also thought that a first aid kit would be extremely important not only for the fact that someone may get hurt or need something from the kit but also because if your doing an event such as a wedding and the bride's shoes are giving her blisters a band aid would be the perfect way to help fix that.

I would also bring a sewing kit to fix any rips in clothes, to pin any dresses that may not fit properly or any of the table centerpieces that may need fixing such as a table cloth that is to long. Along with the sewing kit scissors, a ruler and safety pins will also be necessary for any last minute fixings that may need to be done. Another important item that I would bring is a watch or a clock. I would bring this becuase being an event planner means staying on a schedule and staying on time while you are doing the event.

The next thing to bring is a cell phone this is important because it is important to keep in touch with everyone who is involved with the event and keeping everyone on task throughout the planning process as well as when you are actually at the event. An extension cord will also be important in case something is brought to the event and needs a place to be plugged in or if there our outlets but the item you are using will not reach. I would bring a few of my business cards to help with the networking of my company and as a way to get my name out there to anyone else who plans on having a party they need planned. I feel that bobby pins, hair brushes and combs and hair spray are also very necessary because if you are doing a wedding and a bride or groom or anyone in the wedding party needs to fix their hair they will be all set. Tissues and hand sanitizer are also very important to have in your toolbox not only for health reasons but also if someone is crying at an event having tissues on hand are key.

These are just a few of the things I would keep in my toolbox while I am at an event.

No comments:

Post a Comment