Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Goals




As I have been working as an intern I have come up with a few different goals for myself while working at Perfect Productions.

I want to accomplish the understanding and the procedure of what it takes to plan a successful event. As I started my internship I was given tasks such as calling different vendors for quotes on prices for different things, this helped me to feel comfortable talking with people over the phone and learning the correct ways to talk to someone in a business setting. I need to ask questions when I don’t understand or when I need assistance with a task given to me. I was also given a task to plan an event along with the other two interns. We were given the event and it is up to us to plan the entire event and call stay in touch with one and other to make sure everyone is on the same page with the event. I must also stay in touch with my boss and the owner of the specific venue we are holding the event at. Because this event is being done to help raise money for a specific foundation we must also contact different restaurants and other vendors to help with donations. It is also my duty to come up with the décor for the event, creating centerpieces and the other décor needed for the event.A few different resources will be extremely necessary throughout the entire planning process. I will need the help from the other interns because we are working on this event together and we must all agree on the different things that are being put into the event such as the décor and who we are going to ask donations from. I also will need the help from my boss’s each of them are very easy to work with and are always eager to help whenever they can. The internet will also be crucial because I do need to look up different restaurants and vendors that can be used as donations. Calling different people is also very important because I have learned how it is so important for me to communicate with others and to keep everyone up to date on what we are doing and what we have been working on for the particular event. To accomplish this goal I will have to work carefully with everyone involved, if one small detail is left out the entire event can be changed, staying organized and on task is also detrimental to the event. Knowing exactly what needs to be done and when it needs to be done will show not only the person you are planning the event for how on task you are and how much you are really concerned with the quality of the event but in the long run it will also help you to know what the next step is in planning the event you may be working on.

My next goal is I want to be a part of the planning process and work through all of the obstacles event planners must go through for each event they plan. To accomplish this goal I will need to work hard not only with the other interns but also with my boss’s all of their extra support and assistance will be vital to the success of the event. When something seems to be going wrong while planning the event it will be very important to communicate with everyone involved with the event and making sure everyone is on the same page. The resources that will help me most with this goal are the people I am working with, whether it is the client, my co workers or vendors and different venues communication is crucial to success while planning events.If everyone is on the same page throughout the event and there are little to know conflicts about what is going on while we are planning the event I will know that I accomplished my goal. Also if I can work through the obstacles that may come with the planning process and fix any errors that may arise, leaving the client happy I will know my goal has been achieved.

Finally I hope to see the behind the scenes work at events and what makes an event flow smoothly every step of the way. With the event that was given to me and the other interns to complete I am seeing how much work really goes into planning an event, even though the person you are planning it for only sees the outcome minus all of the stress and hectic schedules that must be followed. I will be coming back to my internship site for the actually event to see how all of the work prior pays off. The resources I will use are my co workers and the help from everyone in the office; I will also have to work closely with the venue director who will help largely with the setting up of the event and also working with us as a partner throughout the event. I will also have to call different vendors for donations and finding quotes on different items needed for the event. I will know if I accomplished this goal because if while I am at the event and everyone knows exactly what they need to be doing and when they need to do it, everything will be running smoothly and even if it is hectic while planning the event, the outcome and the happiness of the clients are really the only thing that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment