Thursday, January 28, 2010

Introduction

After four years of college and only three more months to go until graduation, I have finally found the perfect internship. I know how common it is for a little girl to have a moment where she realizes she wants to grow up and become a wedding planner or an event planner. Of course, I was one of those little girls. Throughout my college experience I have taken every leadership opportunity possible and every time I find myself being heavily involved in the planning and executing of events. When I had just two years of college and leadership planning under my belt, my mother gave me my dream task: plan her wedding to my step-father. After eight months of endless vendor phone calls, color coordination decisions, meal tasting and trips to florists, I had finally helped her put together her second wedding, but by far the most perfect wedding for her. It was after the wedding was over that I realized if I could get a foot in the door with event planning, this would be my perfect fit as well as my dream job.

After tirelessly searching for an internship, I came across Perfect Productions and knew it was the right fit. I was thrilled when I was offered an internship for this spring semester; my final semester of college.

Being a public relations major at Quinnipiac University I have been able to explore different aspects of PR, as well as other marketing and communication departments. Having taken courses in Non-Profit PR, Internet Marketing, Business-to-Business Marketing, MK & PR campaigns and Services PR & Marketing, I have had the opportunity to create my own non-profit organization from scratch and complete all of the necessary PR and marketing, as well as take a corporation like Elvis Presley Enterprises and create an entirely new public relations and marketing campaign.

The internship program at Perfect Productions is structured perfectly so that each week we are relating what we're learning through the analysis of case studies to the projects that we are working on. As well, there will be daily blogs regarding my experiences. While I am confident that my past experiences and classes will benefit me during my time at Perfect Productions, I am beyond excited to take on the challenges and learn everything that I can.

I look forward to the next three months and all that it's going to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment