Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stuff in my toolbox


Part of my time here at Perfect Productions is working on assignments in my binder. One of these assignments is that I am stuck on a deserted island and I have to run an event. If all I had was the set up event and my toolbox, what would I bring in my toolbox so that I could fix any problem that arises during the event. Many of the things I would have in my toolbox correspond with different types of events.
For every event no matter what it is there are always the basic necessities that you would need. For my basics I would choose a first aid kit in case anything small goes wrong that can be easily dealt with. Also I would have walkie talkies for everyone working the party, that way we can all be in contact with each other if necessary at any time. I would definitely need to have my planner and notebook with all of the information to go with that event, and the phone numbers of people I would need to be in contact with who are attending the event. Pen, pencil, and a black sharpie are very important to write anything down in my planner. Having almost all the necessities of an office in my toolbox will be helpful if anything seems to go wrong like scissors, double sided tape, glue, safety pins, and a sewing kit. Anything can go wrong from the decorations being ripped or falling, to a broken heel or ripped dress or suit.

Some things I have thought of only pertain to a few choice events. I would need floral tape and floral pins. If anything were to go wrong with a bride bouquet or the boutonnieres on the wedding party I would be able to fix them. I would bring a calligraphy pen for a fancy wedding or gala in case something with name tags, or place settings were wrong. Every persons name is not going to be perfect and some people were bringing someone they weren’t planning on or depending on the event someone may have just come. Also, ribbon has so many different uses. I would bring ribbon the same color as the event to fix many things, it may fix the bouquet again, it may fix a dress, and it may fix part of a table setting or a piece of decoration. With a wedding it is important that everyone looks good. I would need to have an extra of almost anything a bride would need, including hair supplies like a curling iron and hairspray, along with make up and deodorant and everything to earring backs. If the bride can remember anything its how beautiful she was and how she felt that day.

A couple other things I would bring for me, or anyone at the event that needed it are deodorant, mints, feminine products, medicine like Advil and Excedrine headache, eye drops, nose spray in case of a bloody nose, hand sanitizer, a lint roller, bobby pins, a contact kit for those who have contacts and they needed to clean it or even for me if anything were to go wrong with mine, and tissues. These are all items that more people would need during an event at anytime if something were to go wrong with a person rather than the whole event.

When thinking about business I would bring a few extra things to network, and market a little. If someone is impressed with the event it is likely they will think to go to you for their next event they need planned. I would always bring business cards, if someone is impressed I would want them to know that I did it and I would be more than happy to plan their next event. I would also bring a camera, that way I can make a book or some kind of poster to show new clients that come into the office so they can see what kind of events I have done.

There are many things I would need to have with me to fix an event or make it run smoothly, however these are just a few. There are many things I could fix with these items, but not everything can be fixed in an event. Some things may go wrong that you can not fix with just the things you brought, but for little mishaps, these items will help to fix the problem and help the event run smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment