Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lots of Stuff!

Today was a really busy day. I started off by going with Elissa to the site of an event we are planning. We had to meet with the woman in charge of it and measure out the room. Making sure you have the proper measurements of the space you are working with is obviously important because you need it to plan everything from table spacing to figuring over the whole configuration of the event.

After that I worked on my showroom table a little bit. I brought in with me today a blue metal lighthouse to use as part of the centerpiece, an anchor, and a bouy. I still need to spend more time figuring out the set up of it all and plan the menu to go with the nautical theme but got distracted with the auction...

While I was working on that Elissa and Amanda called me in for a meeting. Jillian is no longer interning here so we had to get everything squared away and see what we was missing, then fill in the wholes. We went through all of the details we have up to this point and all of the donations. Then we brainstormed ways of increasing ticket sales and getting more donations. Karen came in shortly after and we all worked to get more donation letters out and we got a few more commitments today! I also updated the flyer and sent it out to a few places that are donating, and when I leave today I plan to bring it over to the Zen Bar so they can advertise the event.

Now I am about to help Amanda with a chamber of commerce event they are doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment