Thursday, April 29, 2010

Post Auction!

On Tuesday I came back in to work and felt almost lost without the auction to focus on! I can't believe it happened already and was such a success. When I got into the office I had to go through the remaining tickets and make sure all of the them were accounted for and we had the right amount of money to match up to them with. I also had to go through and make sure that we had everything we had brought with us to the Zen Bar on thursday for the auction and put it all away.

After that I helped Elissa by finishing the Black and White table in the showroom. I had to finish the chairs which match the centerpiece. Then I worked on my Nautical table some more. I have sort of been neglecting it lately with all of the Auction stuff going on. I was able to add rope to different aspects of the table as a nice accent to the netting overlaying the tablecloth. I added some of the rope onto the stem of the wine glasses by wrapping it around and hot gluing. Then I added it as a border around the chargers. Lastly I intertwined rope into the prongs on the back of the chairs. I think it looks really good so far. I also finished up my Nautical themed menu to pair with the table and submitted it to Elissa to look at.

Later in the day on Tuesday, Dr. Petit and his father came into the office. We invited him to come by and accept the donation we were giving him from the money raised at the auction. It was so nice to get to meet him. We took a few press photos with them and then presented them with a check. We were able to raise over a thousand dollars for the Petit Family Foundation! Seeing Dr. Petit and how appreciative he seemed for our donation made all of the work we put into the event seem worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment