Monday, April 26, 2010

The Day of the Auction!

The day of the auction I came into work and wasn't feeling well and hadn't been for the last couple days. This was just another reason why it was so important to be organized and not leave things until the last minute- you never know what is going to happen the day of the event and you need to be prepared. Luckily as the day went on I started feeling better.

When I got in, I had to finish the paddles and then when I was done with that I went and pulled everything from the back room that we needed for the day- walkie talkies, dishes, clip boards, tools, etc. We had a packing list that I had to check off as I pulled it, as I packed it, and then later when it arrived at the bar. After I finished getting everything together that needed to go with us, I put the centerpieces together. Then I packed the cars with Amanda and we brought everything over to Zen Bar!

We met Elissa there and all set everything up. Eventually the bachelors and bachelorettes arriced and we did a run through with them. I had to start the night off by introducing Damon Scott and explaining the foundation. I was nervous about speaking in front of everyone but got over my fear fast. Once I was in the moment I was able to forget my nerves and remember that it was my event and it was the last thing I had to do.

The auction turned out to be an amazing success. I couldn't have asked for a better night. So many people came out to support us and the Petit Family Foundation. Everyone kept telling me fun time they had. I'm SO happy I got to be a part of such an a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment