Thursday, February 4, 2010

The First Week: Perfect

The first week at Perfect Productions was just that, perfect. After learning all about our project – the bachelor and bachelorette auction – I was so excited to start working on the event. I was even more honored to begin working on the event when I found out our client was the Petit Family Foundation. The first week with Nicole consisted of a lot of “to-do” list making. When it came time to splitting up the responsibilities of this event, I volunteered to be responsible for contacting local restaurants and businesses to donate for the event. I was excited to take on this responsibility, because after all of my work with Alpha Chi Omega and reaching out for sponsorships for the fight against domestic violence, contacting sponsors comes naturally to me. While there were a few bumps in the road the first few days, I rapidly became successful at getting in touch with companies and businesses all over CT to donate items or activities for the dates.

The first week, Nicole and I also met with Zen Bar to discuss a few more specific details of the event. So far, the parts of this event that Nicole and I are working on include: the small details, application and participant forms and contacting businesses for donations and participants. This week, I have also just been trying to get all of the processes of Perfect Production under my belt. It’s comforting to know that the forms that have to be filled out, logs that need to be kept and assignments that need to be completed all run on a timeline and are very organized. From little things like extensions to dial when making phone calls, the correct way to format letters and the correct wording that should be used in correspondence’s, it’s been extremely helpful to organize everything that we’re working on.

If I’ve learned this much in the first week, I look forward to everything else I am going to learn in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment