Thursday, February 18, 2010

Big Things...

Today I spent most of the day working on the flyer for the Buy a Date & Be the Change Bachelor and Bachelorette Auction. It was really time consuming but I finished it! I really like how it turned out in the end. At first I didn't really like it, but after meeting with Brian and Elissa, they helped me to make a few minor changes to really enhance my overall concept. I really like how professional it looks. By working on it all day I'm also learning a lot about Microsoft Publisher. I had never used the program before I did the menu last week, but I'm picking it up quickly.

To help me with my terms and ideas of event management, Elissa brought me in a copy of the book "The International Dictionary of Event Management". It is full of every term I could ever need to know about the event planning industry. I ordered my own copy on Amazon about 10 minutes after look through it.

I also spoke with the owner of the Zen Bar today and our band for the night, Covington Circle, is confirmed! Great news. Now that we have the band set, I was able to add them into the flyer and now we can put those into production.

So overall only a few things happened today, but they were all big things that are moving us forward.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole you did an Awesome Job Thursday - I don't know how many times we can tell you that!!!

    The flyer turned out wonderfully - with very few minor revisions.

    you had a GREAT week - thank you for all of your HARD work!!!

    ReplyDelete