Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Productive Week, At That.

The second week at Perfect Productions has been an interesting one. With computer server issues and client miscommunication, I am truly getting a real insight as to what happens when things go wrong. To follow-up from last week, Nicole and I have continued to work diligently on the bachelor and bachelorette auction to benefit the Petit Family Foundation. I have spent most of the day calling local businesses and restaurants for donations again. I am not sure how successful I am being because the follow-up rate with each of these companies is three to four weeks. I am hoping that a lot of the date ideas pull through: tickets to see Jerry Seinfield in Hartford, a horse and carriage drawn vineyard tour, a hot air balloon ride around New York and CT and hefty gift certificates for a dinner for two at restaurants in the area.

Aside from the auction, I was assigned another project on Tuesday. While this project also deals with sponsorship, it’s more relative to the sponsorship and donation I have looked for before for the Fight Against Domestic Violence. I am looking for major donations from local and national companies to benefit the Manchester Community College. I spent a few hours going through booklets from past events Perfect Productions has reached out to for donations and the booklets from past benefit events at MCC. I will putting more efforts towards calling these places for donations soon.

I am hoping to gather everything I am quickly learning at Perfect Productions through my hands-on experience and all of the amazing information in the Internship Handbook to help out a few people with their upcoming weddings. A son of one of the student center staff members at school is getting married in the fall and apparently has a bride-to-be that can’t make any decisions herself. Maria – the staff member – begged me for my help the other day because she knows that this is my dream job. After reading through countless blogs, twitter accounts and ripping through every detail of theknot.com, I told Maria I will help them in any way possible. She said it’s the little things she needs helps with: decision making about colors, centerpieces and venues.

I don’t think I’d be able to make any of these phone calls – talking on the phone = a phobia of mine – if I hadn’t been thrown into phone calling the last two weeks at Perfect Productions. I am forever grateful that my phobia has been (temporarily) cured.

I look forward to the rest of the work that has to be done on the bachelor and bachelorette auction, as well as the silent auction for Manchester Community College. All in all, week two was a productive week. Can’t wait to see what week three brings…

No comments:

Post a Comment