Thursday, February 11, 2010

End of the Week

Today was kind of a quiet day. I met with Brian this morning to see what had to be done today and go over my themed menu. I was nervous when I sent it to him Tuesday because I wasn't sure if it was what they had in mind or if it was detailed enough. It turned out that he and Elissa both really liked it which I thought was great. I was really glad that I did well with my first assignment. They only had minor suggestions for me about things to change. I'm happy with the how the final product turned out. I think that the overall design, color scheme, and food choices match well with the theme.

After I finished the menu I did another case study. I seem to be understanding them better, or so I hope. With each one I learn something new, or have to think of things in a way I wouldn't have normally.

For the rest of the afternoon I followed up with some things for the Bachelor & Bachelorette Auction. I made more calls to local businesses asking for potential participants. A few places seemed interested so I emailed and faxed out applications. Finding people to participate has been a little bit harder than I had anticipated. A lot of people seem to be too shy to want to participate themselves, but seem willing to pass the application along to coworkers. The Zen Bar, where we will be hosting the event, is still working on confirming a local band to play at the event. Hopefully they will have the date available and be able to be a part of this. I think having a live band will make the night just that much more fun.

Next week I have a lot to do. Jillian was out today, but on Tuesday we need to work together to design fliers, create tickets and set a price, and finalize centerpieces. The Pink Petunia florist offered to donate flowers for the event so we want to make sure we let her know far in advance what we'd like. We will also need to continue to make calls for donations and participants. It should be a busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment