Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Week 2

Last week a lot happened. Jillian and I continued to work on the Bachelor & Bachelorette Auction we are having at the Zen Bar in Plainville, CT. We finalized the application for participants and worked on getting more donations for the event. We are trying to put together full date packages so not only do you get the participant, but also the dream date fully paid for through donations. We have some great dates planned out that I'm sure people will love ranging from Yankee tickets to a limo ride and dinner. We are still working on getting participants. We've called local businesses and emailed out applications. our goal is to have 10 men and 10 women to auction off dates with.

In addition to the auction, I have been helping with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation event that Perfect Productions is planning. I went through all the contracts and wrote a script for the night so that at the day of the event, everyone involved can have a copy and know the time line for the night and who is doing what.

Through working on these events I have learned a lot. Even when a task seems small you are still learning. In calling and emailing asking for participants and donations I learned how to sound professional in phone calls and emails. When creating the script for JDRF I was learning how to use the Event Pro planner program that is used for every event. I also learned how important it is to create a script and the benefits of having one.

No comments:

Post a Comment