Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Update

Since my last post we have figured out some more things for the auction. Last week we finalized a few more things within the budget so that we could determine the final ticket price. For an advance ticket the price of the event will be $25 and at the door it will be $30. We were able to update all of the flyers with this information so that we can start posting them around town and distribute them. Having flyers circulating is definitely going to help to get the word out about the event. Also, to help with getting the word out, today I wrote a press release about the auction. Since Elissa is in Las Vegas for the week, I emailed it to her and am waiting for her approval.

Donations and participant applications are starting to roll in! Once more come in, we will be able to set up the date packages. Today I need to make some follow up calls to make sure that donors and participants don't forget to send in everything! I also want to send out donor commitment forms to ensure that everything we've been told we will be getting, we actually receive.

The past couple weeks Jillian has not been here and I will be out for the next week so I also need to make a list of everything that Jillian will need to know when she gets back. I think that it is important that she knows what I've been up to so that she isn't lost when she comes in on Tuesday and I am not here. With her gone I realized how important proper notes and communication is. There have been a few instances where I wasn't sure where something was, or what a person was calling in reference to because I didn't have her notes from before she left.

Next Thursday when Jillian and I are both back in the office hopefully we can finalize some more details on the auction. For the most part all of the hard work is done and now we mainly need to focus on packaging the dates and selling tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment