Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Showroom table and catching up

Today I worked on different assignments from our intern manual. I was behind in my case studies because I've been so focused on the auction so I did 4 of them today and got myself all caught up! After that I remade my resume and gave it to Elissa to review which was another assignment. I'm glad that our intern manual has us doing the case studies and having our resume reviewed. I think the case studies are great review and practice for me to learn more about the business. With the resume, I thinkt it is great that Elissa cares so much about our future careers that she would make it an assignment so that she can go over my resume with me and make it the best it can be to get myself a job after I am done with my internship here.

After working on these, Elissa and Amanda met with Jillian and I to go over how to make a showroom table and what should be included in one. After that Jillian and I were each assigned to create a table to be displayed. I thought it was alot of fun. I like when we get to be creative and design things. I decided to do a nautical themed high boy table. After designing the table and picking all of the linens, china, glasses, and flatware, I starting thinking about how I want to display the menu and name cards. I think that I am going to have alot of fun working on this. I can't wait until next week with I can work on it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment