Thursday, October 1, 2009



A centerpiece is the central or outstanding point or feature at an event. In the Event Planning Industry the centerpiece is what draws the eye; it is what expresses the theme of the event. When thinking about centerpieces the initials thought is flowers! Today, my mission was to find three unique centerpieces without using flowers. This was one of the coolest projects of mine because it allowed me to explore other aspects of the Event Planning Industry. When I was first assigned the project, I thought well this is going to be difficult; how on earth do you make a centerpiece without flowers? As I researched this is what I found.







The first, was a pirate themed centerpiece; it incorporated the skull head with a sword and a treasure chest, the essentials to a perfect pirate themed party.















The second unique centerpiece I found was a New Years Eve centerpiece. The base of the centerpiece is a black party hat with gold and black bows off to the left side and a gold balloon on top.







And the third, most outrageous, cool, funky centerpiece I found, was a Tiffany themed centerpiece. It looks to be an engagement party centerpiece with the base has an green engagement ring with Tiffany boxes, gold watches and gold braclets around the bottom.


Stay Tuned! As I will be writing again to report back about the work of an intern at Perfect Productions.

1 comment:

  1. Shawna this is a great start for one of your first blogs.

    You also can use ideas such as the ones in the front of our office
    !. candles, shells and beach sand
    2. Rocks and moss
    3. Martini glass full of feathers

    ReplyDelete